🦈 Shark Fin Cookies Recipe
Shark Fin Cookies
You will need:
- Sugar cookie dough
- Blue icing
- White icing
- Black icing
- Shark fin cookie cutter
- First, preheat your oven according to the instructions on your sugar cookie dough package. This usually ranges from 350 to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, roll out your cookie dough on a clean, floured surface. Use your shark fin cookie cutter to cut out as many shapes as you can. If you don't have a shark fin cookie cutter, you can also cut the shape out freehand with a knife.
- Bake the cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet as per the instructions on the cookie dough package. Once they're golden brown, remove them from the oven and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once the cookies are cooled, spread a layer of blue icing on each cookie. This will form the base of the shark's fin.
- Now comes the fun part! Using the white and black icing, draw a shark's face on the fin. You can make it as simple or as detailed as you like. Remember, the goal is to have fun!
- Let the icing dry completely before serving. This can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the thickness of your icing.
These cookies are a fun and delicious way to celebrate Shark Week. You can even make them with kids for a fun, hands-on activity!
Get ready to dive into the world of Shark Week with a fun and delicious recipe for Shark Fin Cookies! These cookies are the perfect treat to celebrate this exciting week filled with thrilling shark documentaries and jaw-dropping underwater footage. Whether you're hosting a Shark Week viewing party or simply want to indulge in some shark-themed goodies, these cookies are sure to make a splash!
To make these Shark Fin Cookies, you will need a few simple ingredients. First, gather some sugar cookie dough, which will serve as the base for your cookies. You'll also need blue icing to give your cookies that oceanic touch. For decorating, grab some white and black icing to draw a shark's face on each fin. And don't forget the shark fin cookie cutter to shape your cookies into the perfect shark fins!
Now, let's dive into the instructions. Preheat your oven according to the package instructions for the sugar cookie dough. Roll out the dough and use the shark fin cookie cutter to cut out shark fin shapes. Place the fins on a baking sheet and bake them according to the package instructions. Once they're done, let the cookies cool completely before moving on to the next step.
Now comes the fun part – decorating! Cover each cookie with blue icing to create the look of the ocean. Then, using the white and black icing, draw a shark's face on each fin. Get creative and make each shark face unique! Once you've finished decorating, let the icing dry completely before serving your Shark Fin Cookies.
These cookies are not only delicious but also a fantastic way to engage with Shark Week. They make for a fun and hands-on activity, especially if you involve kids in the baking and decorating process. Imagine the excitement on their faces as they create their own shark masterpieces!
So, grab your ingredients, put on your apron, and get ready to make a splash with these Shark Fin Cookies. They're the perfect treat to enjoy while watching thrilling shark documentaries or sharing with friends and family during Shark Week. Dive into the fascinating world of sharks and satisfy your sweet tooth at the same time. Happy baking and happy Shark Week!
Notes: These cookies are a fun and delicious way to celebrate Shark Week. You can even make them with kids for a fun, hands-on activity!